Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ooooh, Villains Say BAD WORDS!!

In the few short months I've been working as an Author's Assistant, I've been amazed at how closely and lovingly these writers interact with their fans.

I'm also amazed at the feedback they receive!!   I don't get my clients' emails, but I do usually get their Facebook messages and social media posts.  Here's a comment that comes up over and over again, in a hundred different variations: 

"I LOVE your books, and I think you're the greatest writer EVER, but would you please stop swearing in your novels?  It's just too much for me." 

So....you picked up a book about a small-town female police officer stopping a serial killer that happens to be her ex-husband, and you expected them to say "Darn" and "Oh sugar!" when they get shot?  



Sorry, not buying that excuse. :)

I love, love, love this job, and I love my authors, and I hope that they never change their dedication to bringing authentic stories to life for their fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment